My Facebook pages have blown up with Graduation pictures over the past week, and with high school and elementary schools ending soon, it’s likely that I will be enjoying these moments for the next few weeks as well. In my family, I have a niece that graduated from college, and four young men that are ending their elementary school careers soon (including my son!). All of these graduations have me thinking about what to give that will make an impression and an impact.
This time of year also brings about the question of what to get the teachers in your life. My husband Arthur has been teaching for over 15 years now, and has received many gifts at the end of the school year. Some were hits, and some were misses. So put that cliche mug down, and let me help you to find just the right gift for that special teacher!
Top Five Picks for the Teachers and Graduates
- Who doesn’t need more inspiration in their lives? With the Quotable 20 Years of Black & White book you may find just what you were looking for, to fill your day with peace, or to propel you forward on a life project. With over 100 quotes beautifully compiled and assembled in a hard bound book, you may need to grab one for yourself to keep too. This book will inspire both the student and the teacher.
- The Summer consists of ten weeks of sun and fun for grads and educators alike. Shade those baby blues with a Vineyard Vines sun visor or hat. Perfect for the pool, the links, or the courts, in styles and colors to match all of your summer wear.
- I wish that I had thought of this one, but I can’t take the credit. A tastefully simple Mariposa Statement Tray makes the perfect holder for a check or gift card for a Grad. Statement Trays come with a wide variety of expressed sentiments, so be sure to find the one that will speak to your Grad.
- Summer is the perfect time to break out the Margaritas and whip up a batch for friends. Try our newest mix, Knock You Naked Margarita Mix, and serve it up in some unbreakable glasses, like these from Lolita. Add a dip mix and some chips from the shop, and you have the start of a great night of entertaining.
- The Weekender bag is perfect for those quick getaways that dot your summer schedule. The bag is the perfect size for two or three outfits, along with a change of footwear and your toiletries. This is a great gift for the Grad on your list!