I have to admit that I was not a huge fan of Mariposa before I opened my shop six years ago. But now, I love it. I really love it. And I use it, just about every day in fact. From my String of Pearls butter dish to my Sueno Cheese Board, I barley have a meal without a piece showing up on my table.
The summer is a great time to use your Mariposa pieces. You can freeze your trays before plating your cold food, in order to keep your food at temperature longer. You don’t have to worry about pieces breaking, as they are constructed from recycled aluminum. Pieces are made in themes, so it is easy to entertain and set a mood with them. You will enjoy and use these pieces for years.
Top Five Mariposa Pieces at My Summer Table
- Peony Tea Lights: I like to use these all over my table, to set a nice glow as the sun begins to set.
- Basketweave Salad Bowl: Cast in the texture of a basket, this bowl screams summer. Whether you fill with vegetables from your garden, or a beautiful summer pasta, this bowl is perfect for so many dishes that you will make over the next few months.
- Life Ring Cheese Board: When it is just too hot to cook, I think nothing of setting out some delicious meats, cheeses, and olives. This nautical inspired board is the perfect way to set out light fare on a steamy summer night.
- Umbrella Server: This retired piece can be found here at the shop, in limited quantities. This has always been one of my favorite pieces, as I love the whimsical umbrella that sits on the tray. It reminds me of being on the beach, even when I am still weeks away from a summer break.
- Starfish Sauce Dishes: These enameled pieces are perfect for small tastes, such as olives, hummus, or nuts. They are brightly colored, and will pair nicely with so many things that you probably already have in your home.
Are you a Mariposa fan? A Vietri fan? Boy, do we have news for you! ERG has just created a Mariposa/Vietri Loyalty Club that allows you to earn points towards your next Mariposa or Vietri purchase. Stop in today to get your free Loyalty Card, and start earning your points now!